Crochet Floral Hexagon tutorial
So…this is my first crochet tutorial ever. Some time ago I made a cushion cover with these self-created floral hexagons and I was so satisfied (and surprised) with the result so I decided to share the pattern. The pattern is very simple but the hexagons look really beautiful and feminine. I hope you will find the tutorial useful and clear enough and I would love to know if the pattern works for you.
1. Make a magic loop and 1 chain stitch to secure the loop.
2. Make 11 chain stitches inside the loop, pull the free yarn to tighten the loop and make a slip stitch to join.
3. 2 chain stitches for height.
4. Yarn over, insert the hook in the next chain stitch and pull the yarn, repeat another 4 times and pull yarn through all the loops on hook.
5. 2 chain stitches + 1 slip stitch in the next chain.
6. 2 chain stitches for height + repeat step “4” to make 6 petals.
7. Now you can weave in ends and change colour.
8. 2 chain stitches for height.
9. Double crochet in the next stitch, 1 chain stitch, another double crochet in the same stitch = a corner.
10. Double crochet in the next stitch, skip two stitches, double crochet in the third stitch.
11. Repeat “9” to make the second corner (you should have 3 double stitches between the corners).
12. Once finished the row make a slip stitch to join and weave in ends.
Well done! Now you can create what you want with these adorable hexagons:)